Before you create the portlet, you need to adjust your html filtering to allow the script to be retained.
To do this:
- click on your user name and select Site Setup
- then select HTML filtering
- under 'Nasty tags', select 'script' and click 'Remove selected items'
- under 'Stripped tags', select 'script' and then 'Remove selected items'
- then save your changes at the bottom of the page.
Creating a 'widget' in Twitter
- Sign into your Twitter account, and find the account that you want to feature in your timeline.
- Then click on the 'cog' next to the 'Follow' button, and select 'Embed this Profile'. This will take you to the widget creation page.
- You can adjust various settings here – for example, the height of the timeline (the default is 600 pixels), and the colour scheme.
Adding the timeline to a portlet
- Add a static text portlet to your page. Give it a title, such as "Follow us on Twitter".
- In the HMTL view of the editor, add the embed code for the Twitter feed and click update. Then scroll to the bottom of the page a click 'Save'. You can return to your page to view result and, if you need to, return to the widget creator on Twitter to make any adjustments to the timeline – for example, adjusting the height.