These two folders are associated with the Research Directory and so you don't add content in quite the same way as for a folder you add yourself. The 'Research themes' directory will be available in the navigation bar of your new site. The 'Institutions' or 'Departments' folder will be present at the top level but not appear in the navigation bar.
Adding Research themes
To add research themes, you don't add it to the folder on the tab bar, which only collects and shows the information added to the research directory.
- Click on the Research Directory tab and then select 'Research themes' from the left hand navigation:
- Select 'add specialty' form the editing bar.
- This will give you a screen where you add the short name and title of the theme, and can add body text, including links, images etc. At this point you can also add links to people in the research directory, but it is a better workplan to add the research themes first and then ascribe people to them afterwards.
- Once you save the entry the research theme will appear as a child in the left hand navigation, and will automatically appear in your top-level 'Research themes' folder as well.
Before you add another entry, make sure you move back up a level into the Research themes folder, otherwise your new entry will be a sub-folder of the one you have just added. If you do accidentally create the entry in the wrong place. don't worry, you can move it - follow the information in Moving pages, folders and files.
- First locate the folder. At your home page, click on 'contents' in the editing bar. You will see the list of folders and files at the top level of the site.
- Click on the 'Departments' or 'Institutions' folder. To add departments to the folder, click on the 'add new' tab in the editing bar, then in the pop-down list select 'Department':
- This will give you a screen where you add the short name and title of the the department or institution, and can add body text, including links, images etc.
- At this point you can also add links to members of the department in the research directory, but it is a better workplan to add the departments and institutes first and then ascribe members to them afterwards.
- If you want the folder to appear in the navigation bar, follow the instructions in Keeping content out of your site navigation bar to reverse the process.