When your website is generated it has a footer similar to this, by default - the contact email will be that used when your site was set up:
If you change the footer at the home page level of your site, that change will be used throughout the site. To do this you need to complete the following steps:
- At the home page, select the 'Manage portlets' tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, where you will see a section similar to this:
- You can see that in the left hand column there is a Contact portlet, which is what contains the information shown on the top screen:
Here you can add and change information:
- The postal address will be added under the heading
- Any email address added here will over-ride the one used in your default set-up (it would be wise to tell email@example.com if you are changing this so we know how best to contact you).
- The link to 'Site Privacy & Cookie Policies' is linking to the default that provided for you. If you adopt a new policy you can change the link to it here.
- You can add a link to a custom contact form if you want to create a replacement for the simple default form.
Adding other portlets
In the footer you can add either contact portlets or link box portlets in any of the four columns.
- Go to the 'Add portlet...' pop-down at the top of one of the columns to add a new portlet, and select the type you want:
A 'link box' portlet works in a similar way in the footer to those used elsewhere on the site - you add the link text and the link, either by navigating to an internal link or pasting in an external link. The heading you have a link associated with it so that mobile devices will be able to follow it ( the list of items is lost in the mobile view).
Setting a different footer in a folder
You can't set a different footer for all of the folders you have, particularly not the 'Faculty staff directory' folder or the folders associated with it (research themes, departments, collaborators).
When you set a new footer you can choose to block some inherited items and show others.